- Petroleum Engineer
Diversified domestic operations experience as an engineer and project manager for both operators and service companies
2012 - Present
Sr. Project Engineer - Bakersfield, CA
- Planned, prepared, permitted, and supervised various wells in Southern California
- Directional wells with severe lost circulation in Sespe Field, Ventura County
- Shallow horizontal well (1400' VS at 482' TVD) in North Belridge Field, Kern County
- Shallow producers, injectors, and observation wells in heavily steam flooded Midway Sunset Field, Kern County
- Aera Energy Exploration/Development Program - Belridge Deep
2005 - 2012
Drilling & Completion Engineer - Sacramento Basin
Denver, CO & Yuba City, CA
2006 - 2012
Planned, prepared, and executed development drilling program in Northern California gas fields.
- 5-7 rig program for 7 consecutive years with drilling budgets ranging from $50MM to $160MM
- AFE prep, well design and permitting, rig scheduling, and day to day monitoring of 500+ new wells in the Grimes, Willows, Sutter Buttes, Union Island, Grizzly Island, and Dutch Slough Gas Fields.
- Utilized new technology in the Sacramento Basin including PDC bits, oil based mud, RWD,
Planned, prepared, and executed full field workover and completion program in Northern California gas fields.
- 3-6 rig program to cover new completions, existing workovers/recompletions, stimulation, and plug and abandonments.
- Part of team that identified candidates, designed treatment, and carried out first economically successful hydraulic fracture in Sutter Buttes Gas Field. There have since been 50+ fracs in the field.
Production Engineer, Southern California Assets - Carpinteria, CA
2005 - 2006
Beverly Hills West Oil Field & Santa Clara Avenue Oil Field
- Monitored production and injection curves for 20+ sour oil and gas wells in an urban well site.
- Planned, wrote, and executed routine well maintenance, recompletions, and stimulation programs for producers and injectors.
- Mapped and observed Ogden and Hauser waterfloods with tracer surveys and water cut mapping. Identified and recommended candidate wells for injector conversion.
- Evaluated artificial lift failure mechanisms in deep highly deviated wells and recommended remedial solutions.
- Artificial lift design, including rods (PCP and Plunger Lift) and ESP sizing.
Platform Grace - Offshore Santa Clara Unit
- Began initial planning and prep work to RTP moth-balled platform.
- Compiled and maintained working database of existing SCU wells and production profiles.
- Identified sidetrack candidates based on current wellbore integrity and proximity to areas of good production and natural fracture concentration.
- Evaluated and recommended completion techniques and artificial lift systems for producing the naturally fractured Monterey Shale.
Licensed Professional Engineer, State of California
License No. P-1849
Bachelors of Science Petroleum Engineering, 2005
Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO